Software Test Specialist
Cotonou, Benin - Full Time
We are seeking a Software Test Specialist to aid in test plan writing and the associated software development along with performing manual software functional and regression testing. The successful candidate will champion sound software testing practices as part of a larger team spanning multiple departments.
The Software Test Engineer is a member of an Agile-oriented cross-functional team.
- Test – Regularly, methodically, and consistently perform detail-oriented, robust testing of RightCom products, including item-level (story-level), integration, regression, end-to-end (“scenario”), smoke, usability, installation, and compatibility testing.
- Collaborate – Work cooperatively with Software Developers, Leads and Managers. Exhibit behavior that yields positive, constructive, and strong relationships with peers. Display positivity, flexibility, and patience.
- Develop and Organize Tests – Create structured, clean, and cohesive test cases for all new features and/or functional changes in the software, organized into repeatable test suites.
- Debug – Help resolve difficult issues, often times with little information, spanning across large and distributed systems.
- Support – Be available to help with critical customer issues that are reported to RightCom’s Application Support personnel. This includes reproducing and documenting production issues, analyzing logs, or clarifying intended functionality.
- Report – Track status on testing activities accurately and in a timely fashion. Provide intuitive and organized reports to the team through regular SDLC activities and updating of SDLC and testing tools.
- Education and Experience – B.S. or B.A. degree with 2 years’ work experience as a software tester.
- Testing Acumen – Working knowledge of black-box testing principles and practices, breadth of understanding in testing methodologies, and experience performing a variety of kinds of manual testing.
- Database – Working knowledge of at least one RDBMS database and understanding of other types of databases and data storage means (i.e. caching solutions, NoSQL, Key/Value Stores), their benefits and purpose in software.
- SQL – Working knowledge of SQL and in-depth understanding of SQL constructs for CRUD operations, and for running DDL and SQL scripts. Experience with PL/SQL a plus.
- Scripting – Ability to understand and or develop platform-specific scripting platforms (Linux/Mac BASH/KSH or Windows Powershell) a plus.
- Logging – Working experience reading and analyzing log messages, and demonstrable understanding of the purpose and value of logging.
- Analytical Skills – Excellent analytical skills, close attention to detail and advanced skills supported by a strong experience using MS Office applications: Excel, Word and PowerPoint, for presentation, organization and analysis.
- SDLC – Experience working in an Agile SDLC environment, and working knowledge of at least one Agile SDLC tool to manage workload (i.e. VersionOne, JIRA, Rally).
- SCM & Tools – Detailed knowledge of at least one test case management and/or execution product, along with an understanding of the workings of an SCM tool (Perforce, Subversion, Git).
- Communication – Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Culture – Must be able to work in a dynamic, varied, and fast paced environment. Flexibility, tolerance to change, adaptation, pragmatism, and commitment are a necessity.