Software Security Engineer
Lagos, Nigeria - Full Time
Do you have a passion for security and interest in growing as a Cyber Security professional? Do you love agile coding, controlling hyper-scale services and fully owning your service? Then this position is for you!
You will be building the new generation of RightCom’s security platform, looking at security policy as part of service model, modeling policy control and implementing a hardened and scalable framework for enforcing policies. You will be responsible for designing, implementing and running our fleet of services that enforce the server security posture. You will unlock security innovation and value by building a fully-automated platform with single-click policy management for tens of thousands of nodes, and services that self-heal and self-optimize.
- 2+ years of development experience
- Proficiency in at least one of the following programming languages: Python, Java, C++, C#
- Demonstrated understanding of general Unix/Linux systems (e.g., Debian, CentOS, RHEL, Solaris, or similar)
- Experience in application-focused security: authN/authZ, identity management, PKI, encryption
- DevOps mindset and strong ownership over owned code (test, monitor, deploy, maintain)
- M.Sc/M.Eng in Computer Science/Engineering or B.A/B.Sc. in same disciplines with the equivalent years of experience.
- Cloud infrastructure experience in SaaS, PaaS, or IaaS
- Educated in service operation technologies (Docker, VM, Puppet, AWS)
- Excited by building reliable, self-healing services on unreliable hardware
- Practical experience with pair-programming, agile development, test-driven development, and pattern-based coding (MVCS, CQRS, layered architectures)