Cotonou, Benin - Full Time
We’re looking for passionate, talented individual who can handle nebulous/ambiguous tasks.
Our rich portfolio combines with a flexible and tailored integration, ensuring an outstanding customer experience.
We’re looking for ideas and skills from every area of computer science, including information retrieval, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking, security, and user interface design.
As a software engineer, you work on a product development and can switch projects as our fast-paced business grows and evolves. We need our engineers to be self-motivated, versatile and passionate to tackle new problems as we continue to push technology forward. You’ll work in small teams that use Agile methodology to keep up in a fast paced business environment.
You will apply your expertise of Cloud computing stack, large-scalable software technologies and open source tools to resolve customer experience problems.
- Write server side code for our Platform based applications, create robust high-volume production applications, and develop prototypes quickly.
- Build, design and implement scalable cloud-based web applications for PaaS, IaaS or SaaS.
- Provide thought leadership for cloud developer technology and collaborate with cross-functional teams to streamline or improve adoption of our solutions.
- BS in Computer Science, Math, related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- 2+ years of general software programming experience in Java, C/C++, Python, Go, database design and SQL, and/or knowledge of TCP/IP and network programming.
- Large systems software design and development experience, with experience in Unix/Linux.
- MS or PhD in Computer Science.
- Extensive contributions on GitHub.
- Experience developing applications for internet-related cloud technologies, CRM industries, etc.
- Familiarity with open source cloud and application platforms.
- Solid foundation in data structures, algorithms and software design with strong analytical and debugging skills.
- Good understanding of private and public cloud design considerations and limitations inthe areas of virtualization and global infrastructure, distributed systems, load balancing and networking, massive data storage, Hadoop, MapReduce, and security.
- Experience developing with Redis, RabbitMQ, Hive, PIG, HBase, Storm, Spark (Streaming, SQL, Mlib, GraphX), search (Solr), ElasticSearch, AI, Kafka Data visualisation, Samza, d3.js, Flask, Django, Angular.js, Angular 6, Jquery, MySQL, MongoDB, Cassandra, PostgreSQL.
- Good understanding of Docker & Swarm, Ansible, OLTP, OLAP, CUDA GPGPUs, MPI, R.
Additional skills preferred include strong analytical and problem solving abilities. Excellent communication skills to interact with partners, customer and support personnel. Ability to work independently or as a team member.