Sales Director, Francophone SSA
Abidjan, Ivory Coast - Full Time
We are looking for a Sales Director for Francophone Sub-Sahara Africa with a record of building high performance sales and BD teams. The ideal candidate has excellent relationships with MNCs, system integrators and ecosystem partners in one or more of the following countries: Cameroon, Congo, DRC, Gabon, Ivory Coast, Mali, Senegal, . As well as experience in B2B, cloud, connected products, security, platforms, software as a service and/or ecosystem partnerships.
You will be responsible for direct and indirect revenue generation, supporting RightCom sales methodology to ensure effective sales execution, team development and customer value realization. We need a key player with proven ability working with the following stakeholders:
- Sales Operations
- Product Management
- Product Marketing
- Customer Success
- Local and Regional partners
- Value Added Resellers
- Systems Integrators
- Service Providers
- Company relationships with C level through leadership in key market segments
You will be responsible for managing both Direct Sales and Indirect Sales. With regional responsibility, the role will require travel up to 50% of the time.
What you will do:
- Build and lead RightCom Francophone SSA Sales team and evolve the business model as needed to support the business’ objectives
- Own the Francophone SSA Sales P&L
- Define market strategies for expanding business on a regional scale, develop sector strategies for the international market including targeting sectors and clients within different market segments, design penetration strategies for each market, develop evidence based approach to marketing investment, ensure flawless collateral and metrics are in place to measure success and return on investment in targeted markets, develop a marketing management infrastructure aligned to new goals
- Focus the team on consistent opportunity management, deal progression and accurate forecasting on a monthly and quarterly basis
- Work with sales operations to develop and implement key success metrics for the Commercial segment
- Develop Sales KPIs to manage and track the performance metrics of the sales team at department and individual contributor levels
- Provide leadership and guidance to the sales team and hold them accountable to the expected activity levels and success metrics of the Commercial sales organization
- Achieve or exceed monthly, quarterly and annual sales targets
- Deliver a high level of ethical collaboration across RightCom, with our Partners and Customers
What you need to bring:
- Past experience and success in building and leading fast growing Sales organizations
- A proven methodology on scaling sales teams and sales leadership to success
- Experience in successful demand generation/campaigns
- Track record of winning new business, subsequent customer satisfaction and follow on business
- Experience using sales analytics and funnel management maturity techniques to drive productivity, ensure the right activity levels and business planning to create a visible and believable forecast
- Deep understanding of sales methodology enablement (i.e. Solution Selling, Holden Power Base Selling, Customer-centric Selling, Strategic Selling and/or Value Selling)
- A passion for winning, strong collaboration skills and an established reputation in IT
- A strong C-level network in Francophone SSA.
Education & Experience:
- Philosophically and culturally aligned with the leadership team.
- An inspirational doer with exceptional ethical standards.
- Approachable and collaborative with the executive team, peers and subordinates.
- Proven ability to identify and develop talent.
- A natural leader who articulates a vision that energizes the team across the firm.
- Possesses outstanding oral and written communication skills.
- Thrives in a team environment and has a track record of developing effective and trusted relationships at all levels of the organization.
- Energetic, resilient, and personally committed to achieving success.
- Confident, open minded and self-assured with a warm approach to people.
- Comfortable challenging existing ideas and thinking in a provocative, but collegial manner which pulls the entire team together to achieve company goals.
- The capacity to formulate a compelling sales strategy for the organization and translate that strategy into compelling messages that the team can understand and execute.
- Well respected, recognized and perceived as a thought leader in the Enterprise community who understands the business initiatives and challenges the company faces.
- A team builder, team player and a strong leader with personal drive, passion and enthusiasm to both understand and to successfully navigate a fast-moving ever changing market.
- Master’s degree in business, marketing or a related discipline desirable.
- MBA degree preferred.
- Fluent in English and French.
- Minimum of 10 years’ sales leadership experience within global Management Consulting, Telecom, IT or, preferably in a SaaS environment.
- Deep understanding in the component, Platform or SaaS markets. Global leadership experience managing business development and sales organizations for results.