Manager, People & Culture
Lagos, Nigeria / Cotonou, Benin - Full Time
RightCom is seeking a remarkable team member to build our team and foster culture at our fast-growing company.
We want someone who is passionate about people and understands the impact of a great culture on company performance. You’ll be curious, keenly studying how great companies foster great culture and create great work environments. But you’ll also be original; with the courage to invent and execute initiatives that drive employee engagement while supporting RightCom’s purpose.
You will help conceive and manage programs to elevate our culture and team. You will be responsible for key functions across Human Resources, Recruiting, Internal Marketing and People Improvement. You’re over-the-top organized and highly detail-oriented.
This position will help identify and attract great candidates. Once identified. you’ll ensure candidates are well-informed about the opportunity and our company, and are fully-engaged throughout the recruitment process. Whether hired or not, all candidates should have an amazing experience with us.
You’ll manage employee on-boarding and training, coordinating with other teams and helping build an internal network for ongoing mentoring and support. You’ll also be responsible for developing a framework for feedback from employees, on their experience at RightCom, and from their managers on ways in which team members they can grow and develop.
Working with company leadership, the Manager of People and Culture will evaluate, manage, and adapt the company benefits package to enhance the employee experience and underpin our cultural values.
We’re looking for someone special to fill this key role; someone who believes that a great company cannot exist without a great culture, engaged employees and and awesome work environment. Our culture is at the core of how we interact with our customers, partners and each other; it drives our reputation and underpins our success.
- Manage and support the outbound and inbound candidate recruiting activities and communications.
- Actively work to build our reputation as a great place to work.
- Drive the success of our mission, culture and values through internal marketing activities that encompass the entire lifecycle of a RightTeam member.
- Serve as the main contact for employee benefits, training and development.
- Guide new employees through their on-boarding experience, ensuring successful completion of all activities necessary to be job-ready.
- Collaborate with the marketing to actively communicate and cultivate culture by increasing awareness of our core values through meaningful actions and activities.
- Work with Controller to ensure effective utilization of plans and positive employee relations.
- Write and revise company policies and procedures and related documents as needed.
- Keep the team up-to-date with the latest trends in employee fulfillment benefit opportunities.
- Utilize personality assessment tools to enhance self awareness for team members, appreciation for colleagues, and foster positive team dynamics .
We’d like to make sure you are ready for this role, so you should have:
- 3+ years of people management experience, or the equivalent in employee training, development and culture.
- Experience managing a recruitment process
- A strong passion for culture
- A track record of taking an empathetic approach to employees and their growth aspirations.
- Demonstrated ability to build rapport quickly and establish productive, trust-based relationships with a wide variety of employees across a diverse team.
- An ability to be diplomatic; tactful and thoughtful in interactions with others.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to stay objective and exercise sound judgment in complex and sensitive situations.
- Strengths in developing and managing partner relationships.
- A desire to experiment with new ideas and willingness to execute new approaches
- Experience working with executives and other senior-level leaders, to support and manage company programs.
- Willingness to travel quarterly.